Thursday, October 22, 2009

Smitten by Smith update...






Things have been a little crazy and I have been bad about updating my blog. This past weekend I had a Smitten by Smith booth at the Atlanta Apparel Mart-AmericasMart for the Spring|Summer 2010 showcase. My booth was on The Premiere floor 2, booth #439. It was a really great experience for me. Collier, Holland (my sister), and Grant (one of my close college friend's) all came to help out during the show. Collier and I set up for the show Thursday which took a lot longer than I thought it would because we decided to put black and white fabric on the walls...which was quite difficult. I would call my first market experience a success. It was great exposure and I feel like I met wonderful people as well!

I fell in love with a new brand called Troubadour. The designer, Lindsey Carter was so nice to talk to- she has been in the fashion industry for quite some time. Lindsey used to design for JCrew and started a golf line called Carter Humphrey as well. Her sales associate Julie was very nice as well! Collier and I enjoyed chatting with them as market definitely had some down time. I hope to stay in touch with them! http://www.troubadourclothing.com/

On Saturday night I put three of my Summer 2010 pieces in the Apparel Mart Fashion Show which featured designs from vendors showing at the mart. It was very entertaining and I thought over all it was a nice production. There was even complimentary food and vino-always a plus. The Apparel Mart was Friday through Monday at 3 PM...so I was rather tired when it was all said and done. Now it's back to work! I am finishing my designs for Fall 2010...it's so strange being a year ahead. I now want to wear my Summer 2010 pieces and its getting cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment