Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Black on black...

Before our sample sale--setting up!

Ruth showing off her Katz's Deli...meat

Dinner at Bobo, West Village

Harris + Me @ Gen Art Film Festival

Stephanie + Me @ Gen Art Film Festival


Yesterday I rolled out of bed...went into my closet to get dressed and pulled out my black Soho Shorts and very casually grabbed a black tank to wear with it. I don't think I have ever worn black on black---I am normally dressed in so much color that I could be mistaken for Rainbow Bright's twin (extreme comparison). I couldn't help but think, does this mean I am morphing into the all black wearing group of people that fills this city?

When I came into work Stephanie (my little New Yorker) greeted me by saying, "oh you look like me today!" Anyway that being said please expect Spring 2012 to lure you in with vibrant colors and saturated jewel tones because I still love bright colors and always will! And if you see me wearing black on black tell me to go home and change into a hot pink shirt.

My bestie Ruth was in town all last week which was so much fun having her here! She actually helped me get some ideas together for Spring 2012. We also hit all the best food spots while she was here:
- Grimaldi's Pizza, Brooklyn
-Katz Deli, Lower East Side
-Bobo, West Village (the best---atmosphere, food, service)
-Central Park Boat House, Central Park
-Sophia's, Midtown East

We attended Gen Art's Film Festival for night #6 which was the featured film, "American Animal." The very interesting and "dark comedy" was written by Matt D'Elia who also stars in the film. I am not a film critic so I will leave that up to someone else--but all in all it was entertaining. The after-party was at Avenue on 10th avenue which is a really cool venue!
Check out the links to find out more about the film:

Our sample sale was a hit! We had lots of shoppers, cocktails, and best of all Baked by Melissa cupcakes---those little things are so tasty. They actually remind me of the danger of popping a can of Pringles potato chips...need I say more--danger

Last week we signed on for two incredible events called The Luxury Review a division of RAND Luxury taking place this fall in New York and Los Angeles. These exclusive events are a way to showcase the latest luxury products and services. We are looking forward to this event and have really enjoyed getting to know The Luxury Review team--they are awesome!
More about both events:
New York
Location: Metropolitan Pavillion
Date: October 12th, 2011

Los Angeles
Location: The Petersen Museum
Date: November 9th, 2011

Who is coming?

Invited attendees for this event include members of the press & media industry, editors, product analysts, studio executives, product integration & product placement professionals, tv/film producers, personal shoppers, stylists and special guests.

Check out this great article featuring Jewelry Designer and Owner, Diana Warner of Diana Warner New York: They featured by SMITH in their store pics and gave us a mention! Thanks Diana Warner + wonderful team!

That is all for now----back to work at the office with Stephanie and intern Ashley! For the latest by SMITH updates follow our twitter, www.twitter.com/by_smith

Happy early Birthday to my younger sister, Margaret Leigh! June 23rd is her big day! Happy Birthday today to Jodi!


1 comment:

  1. We absolutely love Smith over at Diana Warner NY!! Can't wait to wear the Times Square dress this weekend! Definitely a favorite. :)

    love,

    DW team

    ReplyDelete