Wednesday, September 30, 2009

DC - Summer 2010 Photoshoot

This past weekend, Collier (my new partner in crime) and I drove 10 hours from Atlanta, GA to Washington DC for my Summer 2010 photo shoot.
I should mention, Collier Broadaway is my new sales representative for Smitten by Smith! Collier is more than qualified, having had several jobs in the fashion industry - including working for PUCCI. We were KDs together at Alabama.

Smitten is very glad to have her!

Anyways, we have been traveling a lot spreading the word of Smitten by Smith.
We are getting pretty good at whipping out the rack, popping the clothes on, and tootling along into stores.

With all of this traveling, I have learned many things.
First and foremost, I have come to the realization that satellite radio makes songs popular because they repeat songs over and over. The good and the bad... to the point where you sing even if you don't like the tune.

Another road trip routine has been "dinning-in" at the best fast food restaurant IN the WORLD...Chick Fil A. I love the service there...they are always so friendly and they even ask if you want a refill when dinning in. That’s huge, right?

When we arrived in DC, we met my parents and headed to The Tombs for a delicious first meal in Georgetown.
The next day we wondered around Georgetown and located several spots for the photo shoot. That afternoon, we met my parents at The Hay Adams Hotel and walked over to The White House. It was Collier's first time in DC, so seeing The White House was a must on our agenda. For those of you who do not know... I was born in DC and moved to Florida when I was 4. Most of my Dad's family still lives there, and I grew up visiting.

The photo shoot began at 5:30 pm so we started prepping Margaret Leigh (my talented sista and model) around 4:45 pm. This was a very late start (as far as getting her ready), but she looked like a Vogue model rather quickly. A better introduction: Margaret Leigh is my younger sister who attends Georgetown University. She modeled for my Holiday/Spring collections as a favor, but did such a wonderful job that I really
hoped she would model again for round 2.
We did the shoot all around Georgetown which was wonderful because it’s such a beautiful place. The brick townhouses and bright colored doors made the perfect setting for the Summer 2010 Collection. We finished shooting around 8:30 after three long hours.

Collier and I headed to The Bethesda Crab House for dinner where we
became knee deep in crab claws and shared an over due pitcher of Stella beer.
It was a long eventful day!
I am so excited to see how the pictures turn out. My sister was such a trooper and did an
incredible job.
I never listened to my Mom when I was younger when she said that my sisters would be my best friends when I grew up. She would always say it when we were in the middle of a fight... we would all be like, "yeah right Mom..."
But she was so right... sisters are built-in best friends.
Starting a business has made me realize how supportive they really are.
I have one sister who sat through hours & hours of meetings in Thailand, I have another who helps me with all of my promotional items (including this blog), AND another that has given up hours of her time to model for me… when she has plenty of other things she would rather be doing.
If any of you read this...which I hope you do...I love you all and I couldn't do this
without you.
I am headed home to Florida tomorrow for a trunk show, Thursday morning at The Market & Mainly Shoes in Pensacola!
If you are a local please come by to see my latest designs!

-Smith


smittendc

No comments:

Post a Comment