Monday, August 17, 2009

The beginning of Smitten by Smith


My name is Smith Sinrod, and I just started a new clothing line called Smitten by Smith.
I never really thought I would be a "blogger," but what do you know...here I am blogging.
A little bit about myself: I recently graduated from The University of Alabama, where I majored in Apparel Design. Last summer, I lived in New York City and interned for Mary Howard Studio. Mary Howard is an incredible set designer responsible for (pretty much) every advertisement in Vogue. I loved working for her because I was able to really get close to many aspects of the true fashion world. My job often consisted of shopping for props, organizing the studio, and sometimes helping on set. After this internship I knew that I wanted to start my own business, just like Mary had started her own set design company.


Before I graduated, I set up my Smitten LLC to make things more official before I entered "the real world."
My older sister Lyle lives in Bangkok, Thailand with her three boys and husband, Peter. Once I decided I was going to actually go through with everything (and my parents approved of my future plans), I booked a plane ticket to Bangkok. I started researching manufacturers, and scheduled meetings if their information looked promising. I graduated, and within 5 days I was off to Thailand with my mom, Allison and sister, Lyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment