Thursday, January 13, 2011

By Smith & The City





The time has come...this little girl is making the big move to THE BIG APPLE! After a lot of thought this move makes the most sense for By Smith and for me personally. I lived there during a summer internship in college, but this will be the real move- so how I am feeling?
- Very very excited
-nervous
-ready
-sad to leave Collier...YES
(Collier is staying in Atlanta and is working for Coca-Cola...loves her job..and is moving into the cutest place!)

Atlanta has been such a great city to launch my line and it really allowed me to create brand recognition in the south. Before the days of James (awesome sales rep), when I travelled with Collier and my trunk full of samples to stores around the south east- Atlanta was the perfect place to live. This past year I have been doing a lot of work in New York with new sources and with this move I feel that I can really take By Smith to the next level.

One of my best friend's from college, Grant, will be moving to NYC too which is perfect timing! If Grant were in the dictionary his synonyms would be:

Grant; ambitious, fashion brilliance, hard worker, loyal friend

Grant is one of the hardest working people I know and he deserves every bit of success that he has achieved. Okay so if you can't tell- I am soooo proud of him! This is what he is going to be up to in New York:
He applied for The Saks Executive Excellence Program
Position: Executive Trainee (Buyer for Saks)
1st Round: Over 300 Applicants
2nd Round: Narrowed down to 75 phone interviews
3rd Round: 30 Applicants had to go to NYC for Assessment Day (all day interviewing and group projects)
4th Round: Narrowed down to 10...and Grant was the only person picked from the south!
He begins his training in New York next month! How could I not be impressed?

Tomorrow I am headed up to New York to look for an apartment. I will post pictures of my options as I think it will be very entertaining. If I refrain from posting pictures- consider it a bad sign of my searching progress. I will still be in Atlanta every two months for AmericasMart Apparel Shows and will definitely be popping up for trunk shows all over the south!

Want to live in NYC this summer? I will need some help! Please send resumes or questions to info@bysmithcollection.com

1 comment: