Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year! 2011 is here!

I can't believe it is 2011...I have a good feeling about this year. Over the holiday I had a nice time relaxing and visiting with my family. My Dad now uses Facebook on his Blackberry which was entertaining because randomly throughout my visit he would start reading status updates from the "news feed" like they were personal messages to him. I tried to explain that they weren't, but he didn't seem to fully understand- it was hilarious. Also over the holiday, my older sister, Lyle came over from Bangkok with her family of five so we had a full house. A full house with 3 little boys and lots of toys like flying helicopters that were only allowed outside. This was wonderful rule as I am sure flying them into Auntie Smith's head would of been a fun little game. Just kidding, but all and all we had a great time hanging out, eating, eating, and more eating.

Over the break I had a sample sale which went really well! Thank you to everyone who attended the sale- it was a lot of fun. Above this post is a picture of Allison Inclan in NYC wearing her By Smith purchase...I love a girl who isn't afraid of color! Looking good!

Yesterday an article was published in Atlanta's local magazine, Jezebel, for the January 2011 Issue. You can find the article online, http://www.jezebelmagazine.com/ArticleView.aspx?article=13830025-93d2-4d64-978f-86ea9d072c94 or in stores that sell the magazine locally. I am headed out today to grab a copy for myself. It was a very nice article written by Emily Foley and the pictures were taken by Sara Hanna who is a very talented photographer, www.sarahanna.com.

This month is a busy one...Fall 2011 samples are arriving and it is time to get ready for the next season. I am very excited for my Spring 2011 Collection to hit stores! The store shipments will be arriving soon which means it's time to start gearing up for packaging. It's a colorful season and I can't wait! We are also getting ready for sales on www.edressme.com which is such a great platform for By Smith. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and happy new year! More to come soon-

No comments:

Post a Comment